This chocolate Chip cookie is as amazing as it sounds and plus, it is a cookie!
- 1 egg
- 125g butter
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 150g chocolate chips (you can use any kind)
- 225g self-raising flour
- 125g sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180* degrees Celsius.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light, fluffy and creamed.
- Beat the egg in a separate bowl until the egg and yolk are fully combined. Add it in parts to the butter and sugar mixture.
- Add in the 3 tbsp golden syrup and beat in until it is incorporated in the mixture.
- Fold the flour and chocolate chips together before adding it to the butter mixture in 3 parts. It might get a bit tough to work will be keep going until you see no flour.
- Put the dough in the fridge for 10 -15 minutes to stiffen up - or 5 minutes in the freezer.
- Take it out of the fridge/freezer and using a tsp scoop it (a heaping size) onto your lined baking tray (it helps to watch my video first).
- Put it into your preheated oven at 180* and cook 8 - 12 minutes for chewy cookies 12 - 14 minutes for in between cookies and 14 - 16 minutes for biscuit like cookies. 2 minutes can be the decider between any of these so check them.
- Take it out of the oven and flatten them with your fingers if you wish to. If you want, get some left over chocolate chips and press them into the hot cookie. They will be very soft and may look like they will break, but as the cool they harden.
- Serve and enjoy!