225g self raising flour
150g chocolate chips
3 tbsp golden syrup
- Begin making the dough. Cream the butter on it's own until light and creamy. Add in the sugar and air rate until airy and fluffy. This may take a few minutes.
- Add a beaten egg. Beat the egg until it is fully combined then mix with the butter/sugar mixture until fully incorporated and lighter in colour. You may do this in parts to avoid curdling. It should be light and ribbon(y)
- Incorporate the flour in 2 parts. Using a spatula fold the flour into the batter. It will create a slightly sticky dough. Then add in the golden syrup add the rest of the flour and mix to combine.
- Divide the dough and place one part in a smaller bowl. In the one bowl mix in half the chocolate chips and cocoa powder. In another mix half the chocolate chips with the plain mixture.
- Refrigerate the dough. Wrap both bowls in cling film and refrigerate for maximum 10 minutes.
- Once chilled take a tsp of